2015 Annual Award Winners
Message from The Chief - November 6, 2015
This evening is to honor the outstanding accomplishments by members of the Seattle Police Department, both sworn and civilian.
Over the past year, the SPD has responded professionally to large demonstrations, increased gun violence and emergencies of all magnitudes. Despite the challenges police face nationally, the men and women of the Seattle Police Department continue to be proactive and dedicated to the residents and visitors of Seattle.
In Seattle, crime is down, department productivity is up, and we’re moving full speed ahead in the compliance process. Most important, there are many indications that community satisfaction and trust are on the rise. I hope every member of our department and their families continue to feel pride in the work that the Seattle Police Department does each day.
Very sincere thanks to the Foundation for their continued support of our personnel and programs.
Congratulations to the 2015 award recipients – we salute you and give thanks for your commitment and excellence.
Kathleen M. O’Toole, Chief of Police
Thank you 2015 Banquet Sponsors
Event photos of 2015 Awards Banquet
2015 Seattle Police Awards Banquet Winners
Click the recipient's name below to read their stories of courage and heroism.
MEDAL OF HONOR
MEDAL OF COURAGE
- Officer James Stevens
- Detective Kevin O'Keefe, Latent Print Examiner Aleah Moe, Senior Photographer Britt Toalson, and Video Specialist Jesús Valenzuela
- Siamen Ma
- Tim Dike
- Cut Teams 1 and 2: Lieutenant Ron L. Smith, Sergeant Fred Ibuki, and Officers Tim Allen, James Lee, Tad Willoughby, Christopher Garrett, Matt Bradrick, Josh Dunbar, and Eric Daylong
- Neighborhood Corrections Initiative Officers Vic Maes and Felix Reyes, and DOC Specialist Chad Winfrey
- Southwest Anti-Crime Team: Sergeant Joe Bauer, and Officers Larry Longley, Ernie DeBella, Steven Stewart, Jeffery Thompson, Brian Koshak, and Kyle Galbraith
- Force Investigation Team: Sergeant George Davisson, and Detectives Julie Wight, Ed Garcia, Don Witmer, Nick Bauer, Matt Hyra, Ron Cordova, Tom Mooney, Donna Strangeland, Nate Janes, and Paul Suguro
- Latent Print Examiner Kristi Riccobuono
- Major Crimes Task Force: Acting Lieutenant Michael Hay, Acting Sergeant Todd Jakobsen, Detectives Byran Van Brunt, Theresa Emerick, Dan Cockbain, Scotty Bach, Scott Waltier, Everett Edwards, and Officers Jorge Bourdon, Aaron Dalan, and Brad Conway
Community Member of the Year
Detective of the Year
Civilian of the Year
Precinct Officers of the Year
Outstanding Public Service